Monday, June 7, 2010

Brick #121

NY METS Fanwalk Brick
Fun FANWALK Fact: "I was born and raised in New York and I have been a die hard Mets fan from the time I was 4 years old. I lived in California for 17 years where I met my wife and had two boys (Ari & David at the May 21, 2010 Subway series). In 2007, we relocated deep into enemy territory -- Atlanta. Actually, we love living here and we're very happy that we're able to see the Mets play much more often than when we lived in Los Angeles because unlike the Dodgers, the Braves are in the same division. So, they play where we live more frequently. And I subscribe to MLB.TV, so we can watch Gary, Keith and Ron call just about any Mets game. New technology is wonderful for the out-of market fan!
Ari & David are being raised Mets fans much to the chagrin of all of their friends. When we have guests over our house in Atlanta, they are surprised to find a New York Mets museum in our basement that features signed baseballs, signed photographs, a team-signed jersey, an authentic Charles Fazzino work-up of Shea Stadium and, of course, our facsimile family Brick from the CitiField Fan walk which reads "Amazin' Fans in Atlanta, GA -- Matt, Gaby, Ari & David"