Monday, April 6, 2009

Mets FANWALK Brick #47


Fun FANWALK Fact: "It is located in section 20. The "I converted" refers to my long, confusing, one-of-a-kind, some would say sacriligious story of switching my baseball allegiance to the Mets. Not from the Yankees as one may expect, but rather, the Phillies.

Although I grew up in the Philadelphia suburbs and rooted for the Phillies as a kid (and hated the Mets), when I moved to New York in 2004, I fell in love with the franchise. Since then, I have been to 100+ regular season games and 5 in the postseason. I have also cheered for the Mets on the road in Washington, San Francisco, Houston, Pittsburgh, The Bronx, and Philly.

The Mets would not let me place any references to the Phillies (I tried 4GET THE PHILS and FROM PHL TO NYM) on my brick, so those 2 words are all I have to tell the long story. Yes, I converted, and am proud of it. "